By including measures to protect the environment (e.g. reduce emissions from air and water, reduce the amount of waste) in the operations of tourism providers, the impact of tourism on the environment is reduced. Responsible tourism also promotes the preservation of biodiversity (habitats, plant and animal species) and natural resources and reduces their consumption.
Tips for reducing energy consumption (electrical appliances, heating, air conditioning, etc.)
- you use energy-saving LED lamps
- do not leave electrical devices on standby. The device in standby mode still consumes 30% of the energy compared to the operating state. Also turn off the computer monitor. To turn off the lights in the rooms, install automatic shut-off devices or provide accessible information asking guests to turn off the lights.
- you choose electrical devices with the A+++ label, which indicates lower energy consumption.
- provide electricity from renewable sources (e.g. solar power plant)
- use descaling agents in the quantities prescribed for the hardness of the water in your area.
- Use cleaners and disinfectants more often in smaller quantities than less often in larger quantities. The daily amount of cleaning agents should not exceed 0.1 l.
- Spread the laundry over several days and overnight. If possible, prefer to use liquid detergents and cleaners because they dissolve more easily.
- Use cleaners that do not contain dangerous chemicals.