ZERO ADVANCES Fight against food waste
- make an informed shopping
- read the labels carefully
- buy seasonal products
- reuse leftover food to cook new dishes
- cooks portions suitable for actual consumption
- ask the restaurateur to pack the food and / or wine not consumed.
ZERO WASTE. Water and energy are exhaustible sources exhaustible
- in winter keep the heating within 20 °, in summer turn on the air conditioning only if necessary (not below 25 °)
- avoid running the water unnecessarily in the bathroom
- favors water from the public fountain instead of bottled water
- print and photocopy documents only if necessary and using the duplex function
- use the back of the sheets to be trashed for notes
- reduce the use of paper by replacing it with IT resources
- turn off the car engine when you are still waiting
- uses recyclable toner cartridges
- always use the washing machine and dishwasher with a full load
- turn off the light when you leave a room and deactivate the standby function on the radio, TV and PC
- committed every day to making a good separate collection, to “run” the circular economy
- unplug the battery charger from the socket current when the mobile is charged
- apply a jet breaker to the water taps
- periodically defrost the refrigerator.
USE AND REUSE
It is important to implement actions that make it possible to transform waste into a resource, thus favoring the second life of materials. There are many possibilities available: the repair of objects, their transformation into other objects, the donation of the same to non-profit organizations. There are also initiatives such as “Empty the cellar”, where you can bring things you no longer need, to make them available to others.
Promoting the exchange of books and toys in schools is another possibility to reduce the amount of waste produced daily. Whatever the path we want to take, the rule to keep in mind is always the same: favor the long life of objects and buy in a critical and conscious way.
PROPERLY SEPARATE WASTE
Selecting waste based on the material it is made of and disposing it correctly increases the quality of the material to be sent for recovery in addition to the quantity that can be recycled. Incorrect delivery, in fact, can damage the entire quality of the collected material.
By observing nature, lessons can be learned for the recycling of many organic wastes produced daily. Composting, in fact, is a biological process in which waste is transformed into soil improver thanks to the action of microorganisms that degrade and work the organic substance. This process can be replicated in the home garden or in the vegetable garden by equipping itself with a domestic composter. Alia Servizi Ambientali SpA industrially reproduces the process in an aerobic manner (in the presence of oxygen), in a controlled manner and with considerably reduced times. The result is compost, rich in substances suitable for nourishing gardens, vegetable gardens and fields.
NO MORE SINGLE-USE WASTE
- choose products with the lower packaging possible
- use the bottle for water, and use tableware in reusable, recyclable and washable material
- prefer products with returnable or plug-in vacuum
- do not purchase “disposable” or disposable products
- use canvas or cotton sports to get shopping.